VACC Automotive Design Awards at the Australian Motoring Festival, 2015
Every year, the VACC Automotive Design Awards gets bigger and better and 2015 will be no different.
In a major development, students entering the 2015 competition will have a new and huge incentive to get involved.
Because in March next year, Design Awards students will be involved in two massive events.
The first will be at the new Australian Motoring Festival, 26-29 March, 2015, at the Melbourne Showgrounds. Shortlisted Design Awards entries will be on display in the Town Square Pavilion, and be included in an auto-design industry exhibition, called Auto Design Centre. Festival organisers estimate 100,000 visitors over the four days – that’s a lot of people looking at your design. The Auto Design Centre will be a collaboration of key stakeholders, including design teams from Ford Australia, GM Holden, Toyota Australia, Monash and RMIT Universities.
The second will be the annual gala event, the VACC Automotive Design Awards, on 1 April 2015, Deakin Edge, Federation Square. This celebration of auto design will also see winners recognised by their Award and prize money presented. It is a chance for young auto-designers to meet the professionals, gain valuable feedback and to network. And being our 10thBirthday, it’ll also be an excuse to have a party.
Key Dates for secondary and tertiary students in Victoria
· 1 July 2014 –start designing. The competition is up and running
27 February - new entry submission deadline date
· 25 March 2015 – Bump in at the Australian Motoring Festival (AMF). Designs to be displayed at Town Square Pavilion, Melbourne Showgrounds
· 26-29 March 2015 - Australian Motoring Festival
· 30/31 March 2015 - Bump out designs from Town Square Pavilion/Bump into Federation Square
· 1 April 2015– VACC Automotive Design Awards, Deakin Edge, Federation Square